[Dixielandjazz] Musicians Pay

Stephen Heist steveheist at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 19 08:00:07 PDT 2006

Steve Barbone wrote:
> One thing I do is quote ALL gigs at 2 hours. Then charge more if the
client
> wants to go to 3 or 4. Works like a charm. Elliot Kennan of The Spirit of
29
> Jazz Band, now in San Francisco area, taught me that when he lived here
for
> a while in the early 90 and we gigged together. I was quoting 4 hours as a
> standard gig and quite surprised how easy it was to make the switch and
> increase everyone's earnings.

VERY smart idea - once they're partying they DON'T want to stop - I found
out quickly up here in Quebec, they want you to start around 6:00 or so and
wind up wanting you to play till 1!!!  Your idea - (I'll start using it)
would increase my earnings substantially!  Thanks....
All the Best,
Steve Heist
Pointe-des-Cascades, Quebec, Canada
(450) 424-7268

You can NOW visit my NEW website and check my schedule at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~steveheist/
Drop on by today!