[Dixielandjazz] New Trumpets/Cornets?

Ministry of Jazz jazzmin at actcom.net.il
Tue Apr 18 21:58:34 PDT 2006

Hello again,

I am looking for 2 horns to purchase:

Trumpet: a student of mine wants to buy himself a new American made horn
that is professional quality in its construction, appearance and tone
quality. His budget is $500 to $1000. Prefers brass or gold finish.

Cornet: As fate would have it, I am playing most of my paid gigs on cornet,
using a silver Amati horn I picked up in Prague in a pawn shop for $100.
I've decided it's time to treat myself to a new horn, or a refinished one
that is in like new condition. I'd like to keep it under $500. silver or
gold/brass finish is OK. (I'm tracking a couple of these on eBay, but have
not managed to snag one yet.)

Anyone have such horns for sale, or know of a good store in LA or Vegas
where I can compare and find good prices? Or a good internet site?

Part of the problem with eBay is that I don't know beans about model numbers
and which horns are high or low end from any particular maker.

Thanks a million,

Elazar
Dr. Jazz Dixieland Band
Tekiya Trumpet Ensemble