[Dixielandjazz] Special Event for those attending French Quarter Festival

loerchen2 at aol.com loerchen2 at aol.com
Mon Apr 17 06:27:51 PDT 2006

Hi all,

If any of you are planning to attend French Quarter Festival this weekend, here's a kickoff breakfast on Friday to honor two of New Orleans' prolific musical families.  It ends before the music starts, so you won't miss anything!

Thanks,
Sue

**********************
Dear New Orleans music lover,

The kick-off event for this year’s New Orleans International Music
Colloquium (NOIMC) is an awards breakfast honoring both the Brunies and Ory
families, families which produced two of New Orleans most important trombone
players, George Brunies and Kid Ory, as well as many other significant
musicians.

Since the Louisiana State Museum’s Old U.S. Mint is closed for renovation,
the Colloquium will be held at three different locations in the French
Quarter, all in close proximity. Instead of our usual Joseph Logsdon Awards
Luncheon, we will host the Joseph Logsdon Awards Breakfast. The Gumbo Shop
at 630 St. Peter Street, between Chartres and Royal streets, has opened
their attractive dining room to us for this event from 9 to 11 am on Friday,
April 21.

Members of both families are coming in from out-of-town for this joyful
occasion. This will also be the opening session to welcome everyone to the
10th anniversary of the Colloquium and discuss the schedule of events for
Friday and Saturday. As you know, NOIMC presents two days of informative
music talks and interviews during French Quarter Festival. Please come and
make this the best Colloquium ever.

To make your reservation, please contact Charles Chamberlain at 504-680-9044
or cchamberlain at crt.state.la.us by noon on Wednesday, April 19. Please
indicate your desired form of payment and the number of tickets you need.
Tickets are $15.00 per person, or you can reserve a table.
We appreciate your interest in attending this kick-off event and hope you
can join us.

Musically yours,
Charles Chamberlain, Chairman, NOIMC Steering Committee
Jack Stewart, Chairman, NOIMC Program Committee