[Dixielandjazz] Robert Parker's Jazz Classics in Stereo

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Sat Apr 15 20:22:26 PDT 2006

A couple of months ago, I convinced a St. Louis African-American  gentleman
in his 80's to come with me to the Scott Joplin House to hear Don  Vappie and
Victor Goines.  This man was born in rural Louisiana and  had told me of
standing in the streets in New Orleans as a youth (because  he couldn't get in) to
listen to the music.  He is still thanking me  for persuading him to go listen
to Vappie and Goines, repeatedly  tells me, "That's the music I heard as a
kid.  I haven't heard it just like  that in all these years."
Ginny

In a message dated 4/15/2006 9:13:01 P.M. Central Daylight Time,