[Dixielandjazz] Robert Parker's Jazz Classics in Stereo

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sat Apr 15 19:06:54 PDT 2006

An incredible thanks to Mr Haesler for bringing this website to our
attention, or at least mine, anyway.  Whilst listening to the broadcast
on King Oliver, I encountered the Don Vappie group recreating what the
Creole Jazz Band would have sounded like in person.  Of course, they're
not the first to try and do so, but I became convinced within only a few
minutes that they were the first to truly succeed.  I immediately did
some Googling, and before I knew it, I'd ordered the relevant CD, "In
Search of King Oliver."  Please forgive me, everyone, if this is old
news (the CD is from 1997), but THAT SOUND was news to ME.  I've only
heard half of the 2-hr broadcast, and can't wait to hear the rest.

Damn, if I don't miss so much by being out of the loop these days!,
--
Etc,

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon, Vicar-general
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
Archdiocese of California
www.naorc.org