[Dixielandjazz] playing on the streets

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sun Apr 9 00:06:32 PDT 2006

Different scenario Jim,  Playing and promotion ones own business in a
Mall with thousands of people is a lot different than playing in
business establishment, and it is all in how the situation is put
together and handled.  But even as we just saw Larry's explanation
about what happened in a St. Louis Mall shows how intricate each
particular situation can be.   There are indeed many issues to consider
when trying to negotiate a deal that is beneficial to all concerned
parties.

What works in on situation may not be the ideal situation in  another,
we are just throwing out possibilities for a trial and error process,
some situations will work very well and others may not, but if someone
does not try nothing will happen, especially if nobody knows the band
even exists or that they are in fact available to play.

As usual there are no shortages of differing opinions on this fine list
of mal contents  :))
Damned if we do and damned if we don't :))   Nothing new under the Sun
:))

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins