[Dixielandjazz] Re: Bud Freeman 100 years anniversary.

Robert Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Sat Apr 15 04:13:27 PDT 2006

Dear Bill,

All I can find about the "1945 session" with Carl Kress is:
New York City 1946
KTS4  Town Hall Blues  Keynote 638
Billy Butterfield (tpt); Vernon Brown (tbn); Ernie Caceres (clt); Bud Freeman (ten); Gene Schroeder (p); Carl Kress (g); Bob Haggart (bs); George Wettling (d)

I doubt whether this is the session referred to, but I don't know whether "Keynote" had any connections with "Capitol". Also, I haven't heard this track so cannot confirm that it is in the "up-to-date swing style".

Kind Regards

Bob