[Dixielandjazz] Bob Cats in Madison

Edmetzsr at aol.com Edmetzsr at aol.com
Fri Apr 14 09:09:13 PDT 2006

Dear Listmates,
    Recently I've had some queries regarding the Bob  Crosby Bob Cats
appearing at the 18th Annual Capital City Jazz Fest in Madison.  As reported
initially by our friend and listmate Lowell Busching a few weeks  ago, the answer is
YUP!!!! We're going to be there for sure. As reported in the  revised flyer
sent by the Madison Jazz Society, the CANUS Jazz Band was unable  to appear as
the result of a health crisis, and the Bob Cats were asked to  attend in their
place. Fortunately, we had the date open. And we sure hope that  Toni Blodgett
is feeling better these days. She's a great lady and a marvelous  musician,
and we wish her a speedy return to the festival scene.
    So we look forward to being back in Madison again  on April 28th, and to
seeing all of our friends during that weekend. Linda Marty  Schmitz, along
with her staff, always does a great job of organizing the  festival and making
the musicians feel really welcome. We'll be joining  Wendy Harston and the Queen
City Band (it will be nice to see them again),  Mehling's American Gypsy Jazz
Summit (a group new to me), and some carefully  selected top notch Madison
area groups.
    If there is going to be a face-to-face, I'd sure  like to know about it
so we can shake hands and maybe even bend an elbow.
Best regards, Ed Metz for the Bob  Cats