[Dixielandjazz] Jazz tunes written in response to the Scopes Trial?

Edmetzsr at aol.com Edmetzsr at aol.com
Wed Apr 12 10:02:38 PDT 2006

In a message dated 4/12/2006 12:37:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
nvickers1 at cox.net writes:

We cast  this
question to you experts and await the "evolution" of your  responses.

Dear Norm, the original Bob Cats with Nappy Lamare on the vocal did a tune
called "You're Bound To Look Like A Monkey When You Grow Old". Our new Bob Cats
 recorded it on the CD we did for the Nagel-Heyer label (NHR084) released in
2002.
Tex Wyndham used to have a whole bunch of these titles memorized. One was
"There's A Little Bit Of Monkey Left In All Of Us". Ain't that the truth??
Regards, Ed Metz