[Dixielandjazz] Jazz pianist Adam Makowitz

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 12 08:57:07 PDT 2006

"Ivor Jones" <banjones at sapo.pt>

> Dear ,
>
> It's very interesting, Hype or what ? Google has never heard Adam Makawicz,
> the renowned American pianist virtuoso. Could the spelling be wrong, In a
> local paper, yes of course. We have been advertised as the The Good Times
> Jazz Band, (close)  The Good Team Jazzband, The Good Term Jazz Band. But has
> any heard of Mr Makawicz, and is it mis-spelled.

It was misspelled. Correct name is Adam Makowitz. (O, not A) There are
several references on google.

e.g. He is performing at the Eastman School of Music in Rochester NY on May
12 . That venue has MONSTERS performing, such as bassist Rufus Reid,
Trombonist Slide Hampton, pianist Marian McPartland, and a host of other
jazz masters that many of us may have never heard of. Eastman has a MAJOR
JAZZ PROGRAM in place.

See http://www.esm.rochester.edu/jazz/jazz_calendar.htm

Or for info on Adam Makowitz, google search for:
Adam Makowitz + Jazz Pianist.

The man is a MONSTER JAZZ PLAYER.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone