[Dixielandjazz] Re: HP Lightscribe CD Writer

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Wed Apr 12 08:47:01 PDT 2006

There are several competing technologies on the market right now which
promote consumer printing directly to CD's and DVD's. Lightscribe is one of
the oldest. It's considered to be good and blank discs have come down in
price. Another process is Lightflash which was recently introduced by
Fujifilm. Tests and reviews have shown Labelflash to produce better quality
labels and it's faster than the Lightscribe labels. Currently, prices for
Lightflash media are much higher than the Lightscribe media.

There are several reviews on-line which discuss these technologies in great
detail. See:

www.cdfreaks.com

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/02/14/labelflash_vs_lightscribe_dvd/

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=15802

Although it's a pain in the neck to put paper labels on CD's, I'm waiting
until the direct print to media meets the quality I can get from paper
labels, the printing speed improves and the cost comes down close to the
paper costs.

By using quality label stock and care, I haven't had any problem with labels
jamming my players.

Stan
Stan Brager