[Dixielandjazz] CD Printer

Edwin Stoddard estod at msn.com
Tue Apr 11 17:43:00 PDT 2006

We have such a printer at the agency I work for.  It prints CDs or DVDs
which are made to be printed directly on -- a bit more expensive, but I
don't think it is a lot as we print them by the hundreds.  The machine is
connected to a PC, and a program is loaded which allows you to fashion your
own labels.  I don't do that part, so I don't know how hard it is to do --
but the boss altered what we were using to a slightly different design in
about 20 minutes.

It uses ink cartidges like any color printer, easily changeable, which last
about 200 labels with the design we are using.  The machine is easy to load
& reload.  It will process 50 at a time without attention, tho it does them
1 at a time & drops them out -- maybe 3 minutes each running time.  We've
done maybe 2000 on it, with no breakdowns so far.

I can get maker info if anyone's interested.  The price sounded about right.

Ed Stoddard