[Dixielandjazz] Musician vacations

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Tue Apr 11 15:03:56 PDT 2006

I could just be getting senile, but I thought this country was founded
primarily to get away from Taxation from England however it seems like
the country fathers quickly figured out what a good business Taxation
was to pay themselves and feed their various voracious appetites for
the finer things in life that the working man should naturally pay for.

They obviously never anticipate the proliferation of those pesky
avoiding musicians slipping thru the cracks, and in an out of the Back
door.   "There oughta be a Law "  :))

Personally I avoid England like the plague since the money offered
there is always less than the cost of the air fares not to mention the
costs of hotel rooms and food and don't even ask about the costs of
Booze,   If you want to drink in England I hear it is cheaper to drive
over to France and buy a drink and drive back home :))   But I never
found any cheap drinks in Paris either,  the Meridian Hotel "Lionel
Hampton Room" charges $80.00 for any drink  water, coca cola or Whisky
whatever.  But they are kind to you the second one only cost you $40.00
  but hey there is NO Cover Charge for the music.   Even in a regular
watering hole I got charged $16.00 a shot for Jack Daniels and $7.50
for a beer.    However there is a good selection for Cheap French wine
in the local grocery stores.
 Cheers,

Tom " The new Age Wino"  Wiggins