[Dixielandjazz] Re: Question for Bill Haesler

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Apr 10 15:12:50 PDT 2006

Dear Bob,
Herewith information as requested.
The full information is as follows:

Clifford Hayes' Louisville Stompers.
Hense Grundy, tb; Clifford Hayes, vln; Earl Hines, p; Cal Smith, g.
Chicago, 6 February 1929
48862-2    Hey! I Am Blue (Clifford Hayes)    Vi V-38557

I have verified the correct title, "Hey! I Am Blue", from several reliable
sources.
Take -1 (from an unissued test pressing) is also available on a Frog CD
DGF10 - 'Clifford Hayes Louisville Stompers' along with the issued take -2.
As you would expect, I have this CD, which contains 8 unissued test
pressings of the titles from the 5th & 6th February 1929 sessions.
Very kind regards,
Bill.