[Dixielandjazz] Question for Bill Haesler

Robert Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Mon Apr 10 11:29:49 PDT 2006

Dear Bill,

I wonder if you can help me on this record that I shall be playing on my local radio jazz programme:

It's by Clifford Hayes' Louisville Stompers, matrix No. 48862 recorded 6 February 1929, but there's some dispute about the title. The Yazoo LP (No. 1054) gives the title as:
Hey! I Am Blue, whereas my Jazz Directory gives the title as:
Hey! Am I Blue?
Do you know which is correct? If you do then you'll (as ever) be a "knupp".

Kind Regards

Bob Smith