SPAM-LOW: [Dixielandjazz] Cubs Band Article

Mike Marois Mike.Marois at HireLIVEMusic.com
Sun Apr 9 19:57:10 PDT 2006

Good Evening All;

Thanks for the link.  It brought back fond memories of playing my share of
Cubs games with Ted, Jack, Tommy and Kim Kusak.  Ted is a real treasury to
the Dixieland genre.  I remember the first time I met Ted; I played as if I
was walking on egg shells.  But over the years, we became pretty close.  He
even let me play 4 beat tuba lines on some select tunes.  There was one
occasion that we were on a gig and he mentioned that the "H" was silent in
one of the words in the tune he wanted to play next.  I thought a second and
replied "Tanks for the tip!"  We still laugh about that one.  I hope the
band keeps the gig for the next 25 years and beyond...

Mike
Tuba/computer guru
http://www.theDukesofDixieland.com
http://www.theREALDukes.com