[Dixielandjazz] Playing on the streets

clarberth73 clarberth73 at sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 9 07:19:43 PDT 2006

> afraid of the flak from the Union can simply respectfully request that
> the Union Get you a Better GIG and Pay you. The Union should be doing
>  the same thing, and would be stronger and a lot more useful if they
>had
> thought of these things many years ago to actually HELP their
> membership GET & KEEP jobs.

Let me see if I've got this straight. You're saying that I go to the mall
folks and tell them I'll play for free and then when a union rep shows up I
tell him/her to respectfully go to the mall people (or better venues) and
tell them the union can get them the same band (that's willing to play for
free) at cost to them? But it's the union's fault?

Please do explain.

Bert