[Dixielandjazz] playing on the streets

Stephen Heist steveheist at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 9 05:01:53 PDT 2006

 Hi all....

Bill Sharp wrote: (and you  may end up
> with a little spare change in your pocket). (polite snip..)

I saw a TV program once where they estimated the AVERAGE New York musician
in the subway (you have to be liscenced and, I think, pass an audition!)
makes, are you ready?  around $100,000 a year - How's THAT for spare
change.  Once in New Orleans very late at night, I saw one of the "street"
tap dancers being picked up by his limo driver!!!
I've thought about it many times, but dragging the piano out on the street
on one leg?  LOL  (Of course, having one leg would probably boost my
earnings... :-)
Key West is another place where there are tons of street entertainers...

All the Best,
Steve Heist
Pointe-des-Cascades, Quebec, Canada
(450)424-7268

You can NOW visit my NEW website and check my schedule at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~steveheist/
Drop on by today!