[Dixielandjazz] CD burning/Now Tape Recorders

OArkas at aol.com OArkas at aol.com
Thu Apr 6 14:17:06 PDT 2006

In a message dated 4/6/06 1:49:19 PM, robert.smith at tele2.no writes:

> My first attempt was to record all my 78's onto
> reel-to-reel, and this worked fine. However my tape recorder (a Tandberg
> bought in 1974) still works well on playback, but refuses to operate on
> Fast-Forward and Rewind

Hey Folks:    I've been watching this thread with interest.   I have a lot of
old 78's and LP's, and also lots of reel to reel tapes that I will be
copying.   My problem is finding a good!! reel to reel tape recorder to use to play
them in the first place.   All of mine now are "scratchy" and/or don't turn at
the correct speeds.   I have had friends give me (at least 4) really
(originally) expensive tape players, but none of them was worth a darn, and not really
repairable these days.   Anyone know where I can find a new or good one?   I
did find a great new turntable that plays 78's as well as 45 and 33 1/3.
Thanks for any clues.
John