[Dixielandjazz] CDR's

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Thu Apr 6 02:16:28 PDT 2006

But for stuff that you are not planning on keeping for hundreds of years,
the above works just fine.  Andy Ling

Exactly, Andy.  Same goes for the quality of the Teac machine.  How much
bread do you want to spend?  What are you looking for in the final product?
Weigh it up, and get what you need for your requirements.  The TEAC looks
like a great solution for many.

My requirements are to give the customer his final product on the highest
quality available, as I run a professional mastering studio, and the product
(this little plastic disc), is the customers final master which goes then to
the factory for multiplication.  I prefered it when everyone used DAT tape
(much more trustworthy), but once again (hark the VHS/Beta wars!), the best
doesn't win.

If I didn't' already have at hand all this professional gear, I would be
typing my Visa card number into that site where the TEAC is being sold right
at this very moment instead of chatting with all of you!  I would, however,
try to buy the very best CDR's I could, and not scrimp there, as you just
might not be able to play the cheaper CD's for much time, or at all, on
other machines.

Jim