[Dixielandjazz] Re: Vinyl to CD--Audio CD vs. CD-R

Kay Spencer kay2840 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 5 19:14:20 PDT 2006

Dan,

  I'm surprised.  I use both data CDRs (my job) as well as audio CDRs ...In the San Jose area office supply stores the audio Cds seem to be more prevalent than the data ones.  The last cheap batch I purchased were Memorex CDs labeled "music" and I find them sufficiently ok to transfer tunes I have recorded from records on the GF-350 to itunes on the laptop and then play in the car while commuting after that. If the heat toasts the CDs, I don't care because they are still on the hard disk of the laptop.  One of these days I'm going to figure out how to put everything on a server and network everything.  i.e. hook a home entertainment system to a wireless network with both music and video.  An affordable solution is almost within reach....

  Kay

Dan Augustine <ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
  . I don't see the audio CDs for sale very many places any more (i used to get them at Tower
Records, which folded here).

Dan