[Dixielandjazz] Re: Vinyl to CD--Audio CD vs. CD-R

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Apr 5 18:11:42 PDT 2006

Don and others--
     To record on a stand-alone audio CD-recorder (like the Philips),
you must only use CDs that specifically say "Audio CD" (either CD-R
or CR-RW).  Computer CDs won't work.
     For example, Maxell sells blank CDs ONLY for audio recording that
say on each one:
             "CD-R Music 80 for audio recording" and "compact disc
digital audio recording".
If you try to use regular computer CD-Rs or CD-RWs, they won't work.
You have to look closely at the labeling.  I don't see the audio CDs
for sale very many places any more (i used to get them at Tower
Records, which folded here).

     Dan

**  Dan Augustine  --  Austin, Texas  --  ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
**     "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid
**      than to open it and remove all doubt."  --  Mark Twain