[Dixielandjazz] Old 78 rpm

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Tue Apr 4 13:05:47 PDT 2006

Yes, Bob, that recording is worth something although both have been reissued
on CD with all the scratches and pops cleaned up. Still, there are those who
cherish the originals.

Yes, Rollini was also a mainstay of some of the best work by Bix and Tram.
Earlier he played with the California Ramblers. Initially, he played the
xylophone. When the California Ramblers gig came up, he was told that the
needed someone to play the bass sax. The story goes that he learned to play
that bass sax within 2 weeks.

Stan
Stan Brager