[Dixielandjazz] Mumbo Gumbo

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Tue Apr 4 11:48:23 PDT 2006

While having a toot along with a CD today called "Pete Fountain, Down on
Rampart Street" (Classic Sound Inc. in Georgia, CSI Classic 7785), I ran
into a song called Mumbo Gumbo.  Quite a fun song to play along with.  I
cant' find it in written in anything I own.  Anyone know it?  Anyone have
the written lead line & chords?

This is a curious CD.  While the date is 1996, I think the recordings are
much, much earlier.  There are no credits whatsover on it.  Seems to be a
collection of studio recordings & live recordings, and all from different
periods.  No effort was made, whatsoever, to "weld" the various types of
recordings into a good CD (this is what one does in "mastering", by the
way!).

Anyone else have the recording, or know more about it?  I seem to remember
someone from DJML that visited Spain giving it to me, so I hope I haven't
hurt anyone's feelings.  It's good music, just a poor CD, as far as the CSI
people go.

The songs are:
St. James
Lazy River