[Dixielandjazz] Re: Rampart Street Parade, lyrics

Craig I. Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Sun Apr 2 03:54:54 PDT 2006

A google search "South Rampart Street" + Lyric
came up with several hits including the following:
at l:ink= http://www.steveallen.com/author/book_pages/SteveAllensSongs.htm
Steve Allen's Songs
100 Lyrics with Commentary
Foreword by Gene Lees

To most Americans, Steve Allen is a comedian whose ground-breaking work on
The Tonight Show and The Steve Allen Show still inspires comics and writers.
But Steve Allen was also a tremendously prolific and passionate composer and
lyricist who has written some 9,000 songs.  Here are collected the lyrics to
100 of his favorites, including "This Could Be the Start of Something Big,"
"Gravy Waltz," "The South Rampart Street Parade," and the themes to Picnic,
On the Beach, and Bell, Book and Candle. From Dixieland to jazz to blues,
Allen's lyrics resonate with romance and insight, often punctuated with
humor.  Allen provides commentary for each song.   The foreword is
contributed by noted author, critic and jazz historian Gene Lees.
160 pp.  $33 List Price
Illustrated case binding (6X10)