FW: [Dixielandjazz] FW: gigs

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Fri Sep 30 08:57:34 PDT 2005

>Personally I don't feel that I could maintain my personal musical standard
with a once a week >rehearsal or the twice a month nursing home gig.
Larry Walton

Larry, as we haven't spoken directly since you joined DJML, you won't have
realized that ours is a group made up of professional recording studio
musicians (all Spanish except for myself, a displaced Californian), and the
band has been pretty much the same line-up for 38 yrs.  Our newest member
joined us in 1980 (the drummer).  I joined in 1967.

All of us have been steadily on our horns since being youngsters.  We play,
without soliciting work directly, on average 12 nights a month, both local
jazz clubs & concerts throughout Spain.  We do not travel further than the
borders, nor do we need to, as you can see.

We treat the band as a cooperative, and we are legally formed as such.  The
last thing we want is for it to be a business.  I run a professional audio
business during the day, and don't need business at night on top of that!

Cheers,

Jim
www.kashprod.com