[Dixielandjazz] W. Edwards Deming

Bruce Stangeland stangeland at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 29 15:26:49 PDT 2005

Steve,

I was glad to hear your comments about W. Edwards Deming. I took a seminar
from him in Montreal in the 1980s. An amazing man. His 14 principles for
improvement are still good advice. But I think people didn't have success
with his methods because they didn't want to follow all of his 14 points
(like to pay people equally, and to not find fault but to find sources of
errors and fix them).

Maybe we should apply his 14 principles to increasing the interest in OKOM.

Regards,
Bruce Stangeland
banjoist from Berkeley, CA

Message: 7