[Dixielandjazz] Preservation Hall

Elazar Brandt jazzmin at actcom.net.il
Wed Sep 28 00:25:14 PDT 2005

Shalom Jazz Fans,

I am back home after almost 2 months abroad for work in India and for my
daughter's wedding in Los Angeles. Now that I am back in Jerusalem, I am hoping
to get local jazz musicians together to do a benefit show for New Orleans. If
anyone has any idea where we could place maybe $1000 or so that we might be able
to raise where it will be put to good use, we are open to suggestions.

Speaking as one who lives where tourism has been disrupted for the past several
years and who feels the effects on our economy, I second Steve Barbone's point
about the tourists needing to return to New Orleans. I wish I could get there
myself. But believe me, if you want to do something that will help, watch the
news for when they re-open, and then go there and spend money! It's better than
giving charity. Most people don't want charity. They need to work.

Happy New Year to my landsmen on the list,

Elazar
Doctor Jazz Dixieland Band
Tekiya Trumpet/Brass Ensemble
Jerusalem, Israel