[Dixielandjazz] Jazz On Star Treck

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Tue Sep 27 21:23:49 PDT 2005

Bill Gunter wrote:

(snip)
  Riker casually strolls over to this computer generated lady at the bar and
the following conversation ensues:
RIKER: Hi there. I'm Will, what's your name?
BAR LADY: Trixie
RIKER: Well, Trixie, do you like jazz?
BAR LADY: I like all kinds of jazz except Dixieland.
RIKER: Why don't you like Dixieland?
BAR LADY: Because you can't dance to it.
(snip)

I am surprised that the actor that played Will RIKER, let that line go by.
He is a Jazz fan & an amateur trombone player.

While filming in San Antonio, he spent a lot of time at The Landing,
listening to the Jim Cullum Jazz Band.  He became good friends with Mike
Pittsley who was playing tbn with Cullum at the time.

Too bad that, that line did not get changed.

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
The Fulton Street Jazz Band
The Boondockers (Jazz and Comedy)
530/642-9551