[Dixielandjazz] Big Band Charts on Ebay

Jim O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Tue Sep 27 19:13:56 PDT 2005

Juskeepin44time at aol.com wrote:

> Would someone kindly explain to me about big
> band charts on  Ebay.  I assume that they are
> xerox copies?  Aren't all those  arrangements
> copyrighted?

Yes, they're photocopies, mostly of arrangements published in the late
1940's and into the 1950's.  And although many of the original tunes
themselves are now Public Domain, the arrangements this guy is selling will
remain under copyright for another 40-50 years.

Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA
* Principal Tuba, South Valley Symphony
* Eb Bass, The Pacific Brass
* Occasional Tuba, Tommy Bro's Hecker Pass
    All-Star Dixieland Jazz Band
* Occasional Tuba, Mission Gold Jazz Band
* Available for almost any style of music