[Dixielandjazz] 20s & 30s recordings, Tempos time, etc

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Tue Sep 27 14:54:53 PDT 2005

There has recently been some discussion here on DJML regarding recordings
made on 78s in the 20s, 30s & 40s.

I asked Zeke Zarchy, 90 who is one of the last remaining musicians from that
era.  While Zeke did not record in the 20s, he did make thousands of
recordings in the 30s, 40s & 50s.  Zeke played lead trumpet with Artie Shaw,
Bob Crosby, Glenn Miller, just to name a few.

(snip)