[Dixielandjazz] re: OKOM bands on TV 50s & 60s

Hal Vickery hvickery at svs.com
Mon Sep 26 16:45:25 PDT 2005

In the mid-'60s in Chicago, there was a weekly TV show on WGN-TV called "The
Big Bands.  Bands ranged from Vaughn Monroe to Tex Beneke to Sy Zentner to
the Tommy Dorsey and Jimmy Dorsey Orchestras (Frank Sinatra, Jr. was the
featured vocalist with the former at the time).

The show was on Sunday nights at 9:30 p.m. CST.

Hal Vickery