[Dixielandjazz] OKOM bands on TV in the 1950s/1960s?

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 25 22:21:13 PDT 2005

Tommy Loy made me a copy of a movie that the ORIGINAL Cell Block 7 made in
the '50's, called, "Rock, Baby, Rock it"*...very weak plot as you can
imagine...but...there they are! Tommy was about 26 or 27 at the time! The
original  CB7 ALMOST made it on the Ed Sullivan Show...they were in the
studio Tommy said, but Rusty Brown, the leader/drummer couldn't come to
terms with the producers...I have one of their flyers that shows them with
Ed Sullivan...close, but no cigar, as they say!
Warm regards,
Bob Romans,
Cell Block 7 Jazz Band
1617 Lakeshore Dr.
Lodi, Ca. 95242
209-339-4676
www.cellblockseven2002.net
Cell 209-747-1148
Because I play trumpet, I envy no one.
*An Evelyn-Rock Production-A Freebar Release.
Starring KAY WHEELER, JOHNNY CARROLL, and DON COATS.
Copyright 1957