FW: [Dixielandjazz] Re: Cryogenic treatment for brass

Hal Vickery hvickery at svs.com
Sun Sep 25 08:35:20 PDT 2005

You've got more credentials than I have since I'm just a chemistry teacher,
but since I was in high school back in the mid '60s, I've seen a number of
demonstrations of metals being put into liquid nitrogen.  Never have I heard
any claims from those performing the demonstrations that cooling the metals
would temper them.  Heat is also the only method I'm aware of.

Hal Vickery