[Dixielandjazz] sounds of the twenties

Hal Vickery hvickery at svs.com
Fri Sep 23 17:26:30 PDT 2005

I've always wondered, though, at how accurate a representation recordings
from the 78 rpm era gives us of the tempo at which music was played.  After
all, they had to get it all in in about 3 minutes, unless the tune was put
on a special 12-inch disc.  So I've often wondered if a lot of the tempos
are maybe somewhat faster than you'd hear in a "live" performance.

Hal Vickery