[Dixielandjazz] New Orleans Benefit CD

Texasjazzlover res0a3qw at verizon.net
Thu Sep 22 06:28:28 PDT 2005

Certainly worth the donation!  Sounds like a great CD.  I want to buy a
copy.

However, my concern is who administers the donated moneys?

There are several organizations in New Orleans who could oversee the
distribution, that is, if any are still intact.  There is WWOZ, the New
Orleans Jazz Society, the French Quarter Festivals Inc., Off Beat
Magazine..just to name a few.  There are many people trying to help the
musicians, but I haven't seen a plan defined as to how this will happen.
Some say they will help designated musicians.  Who determines that?

Just wondering.  Anyone have any answers?

Rebecca Thompson
Flower Mound, TX (yes, there IS a Mound in Flower Mound)!!!