[Dixielandjazz] Creating and Recreating

Vaxtrpts at aol.com Vaxtrpts at aol.com
Tue Sep 20 11:25:54 PDT 2005

In a message dated 9/20/2005 11:10:30 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dingle at baldwin-net.com writes:

Mike:
I found your mention of Freddie Kohlman most welcome. Freddie  was not
only a good friend but a fellow member of the Chicago Jazz Ltd.  House
Band in the '60's. I worked with Freddie for several years there  until
he moved back home to N.O.

Freddie Kohlman was one of my favorite drummers to work with, ever!   His
relaxed New Orleans style just made you WANT to play.  He could swing  with the
best of them, but that New Orleans street beat he could do, was  GREAT!
And to agree with Don Ingle and a few other messages recently, I am SICK  and
TIRED of the politicians and yes, even some of those "big stars" making this
whole situation into a political football.  Why can't they realize that  this
storm wasn't racist or right wing or left wing, or global warming or
anything like that.  It was Mother Nature saying "don't screw with  me!"  And she has
been doing it in cycles for as long as the earth has been  in existence.
Mike Vax