[Dixielandjazz] Lyrics to Struttin with some barbecue

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Mon Sep 19 17:18:22 PDT 2005

At 05:13 PM 09/19/05 -0400, Jon Seiger wrote:
>does anyone have the lyrics to the chorus of struttin with some barbecue? i
>usually play it as an instrumental, but someone has requested it as a vocal
>jon

Here are the sheet music lyrics by Don Raye, ca. 1941 or 1950:

(Struttin' with some) Barbeque/   //swingin' with the
   band,/// ||like the happy
People do,/   way down in Dixie   land.///   || Hear that ol' trom-
//bone/   / and the trumpet ad-   lib.///   | love to hear the
Lick/ while I do my   pickin',//
   pickin' on a Juley rib.   `Cause I'm struttin' with some
--------------------------------
Barbeque,/    //feelin' mighty   grand.///   ||pass another
Helpin', please,/   // of that   good ol' dixie-   land./ And mister
Waiter/, if you   please/ another   rib or two;/   /and I'll go
Strut, strut, struttin', strut-   tin' with some barbe-   cue.///   ///|

--Sheik
David W. Littlefield, Piano, Guitar, Banjo, Washboard
http://americanmusiccaravan.com  DFB VOL.2 (C) NOW IN STOCK!!
"BOOK NEWS: click on "Books" click on "Book News"
http://cpcug.org/user/dwlit (Dixie playalong list, other tools)
eMail: dwlit at cpcug.org