[Dixielandjazz] Jim Davis

Kaye Wade kaye at kayewade.com
Sat Sep 17 23:02:36 PDT 2005

I sang with Jimmy in the 70's at the Paddock Bar.  The people that
owned it were wonderful!  He owned race horses and after he died, his
wife ran it until she couldn't & sold it.

I used to sing at the Monteleone Hotel with the Dukes for the bus tours
during Mardi Gras and then when we finished at 10:15 pm,  go to the
Quarter & sing with Jim's group.  I did that for 3 yrs. at the Paddock,
and then She got ill & had to sell it and the band just sort of
dissapeared.

He was an amazing player- in love with the music- and you could tell
it.  The band were all really good! The stage was behind the bar &
raised and so tiny we continually bumped each other. It was amazing we
didn't all fall off!

I tried several times to find him when I came back each year after
that, he was supposed to start at the Court of Three Sisters a week
after Mardi Gras one year, but I couldn't stay and  he just sort of
fell off the earth. Jim loved his booze and seemed to want to fight a
lot, but he and everyone else were always very kind & respectful to me.

Kaye Wade
Stuntwoman-Actress, Reflexologist
Vocalist & Bandleader -Kaye Wade's Riverboat Ramblers
& The Tinsel Town Ten Minus 3
PO Box 1068 Studio City  CA. 91614-1068
http://www.KayeWade.com