[Dixielandjazz] Ashes

PATRICK LADD pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 14 10:42:27 PDT 2005

  I, in my ignorance to the sport, wonder if it really is someone's ashes?>

Hi Jim,

Many years ago when the Aussies beat us in a Test Match the Times ran a
headline bemoaning the `ashes of British cricket`.
Ever since the match has been played for `The Ashes`. How or when, someone
actually came up with the little urn I have no idea.

I do not follow the `Beautiful Game` because in fact it is boring beyond
belief unless you like stategic games that unfold over 4 or 5 days and into
which must be factored the weather, and the wear which the turf on the
wicket will suffer, but this series went right down to the wire.

Musical content? Yah di di yah yah!

Pat