[Dixielandjazz] Ever heard someone who sounded like Al Hirt?

Peter Sr. De Bruyn peterdebruyn at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 15:59:34 PDT 2005

Daniel,
 For what it's worth :
 The first record (LP) my grandmother gave me was one of "All Hirt".
That was some 43 years ago. That's the reason why I started play the
trumpet.
Nowadays it's the old 'bone. Suits me more than the small trumpet bore.
But All certainly was a great show-man and trumpeter !
Was he Okom or wasn't he ? Who cares !!!
He just was a great musician and loved N-O.
 Cheers
 Dr Peter De Bruyn Sr
Belgium
Trombone/leader DSJB