[Dixielandjazz] "New Orleans Musicians Appeal Fund"

postmaster at clevedonjazzclub.co.uk postmaster at clevedonjazzclub.co.uk
Wed Sep 7 00:58:06 PDT 2005

Castaway News Mailing List

Hi

I forward this e-mail from Chris Walker, It speaks for its self:

" O.K. Folks - here's the latest update on The "New Orleans Musicians Appeal Fund" (NOMAF)

The three trustees (Chris Walker, Tim Eyles & Paul McKenna) are meeting next Tuesday (13th September) to sign forms, write the mission statement and open a dedicated bank account (A Charity account with no charges!) After that we can receive any donations from any source.

Everyone I have spoken to feels that any disbursements that the fund makes should do DIRECT to the local jazz musicians of New Orleans with NOTHING deducted in administration costs. We are in contact with several people in the City Of New Orleans who can best advise where the most urgent funds are required.

We are currently setting up a web-site & e-mail address at www.NOMAF.org with e-mails to be sent to info at nomaf.org THESE WILL BE UP AND RUNNING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE and it is our intention to show a running total of monies in and monies out - so that anyone can see the effect their money is having.

We will also publish the bank account number and sort code so that donations can be paid into ANY BANK

If your organisation, your band, your club or simply as an individual feel you can help us support the Hurricane stricken Jazz Musicians of New Orleans - We will all be most grateful.

So, it is hoped that, within a week, the mechanisms will all be in place - and we can start to do some good.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO ANYONE YOU THINK CAN HELP

Chris Walker

www.swingtet.co.uk "

Trevor Tomasin

Replies should be sent to trevor at clevedonjazzclub.co.uk