[Dixielandjazz] Survivors/New Orleans Musicians

LeslieMRag at aol.com LeslieMRag at aol.com
Tue Sep 6 21:59:32 PDT 2005

Just a note to say that, thanks to many kind people who've written to  us,
The Mississippi Rag's bulletin board has a great deal of information on  the
whereabouts and/or safety of New Orleans musicians, including the list from  WWOZ
(which has done a tremendous job in compiling the list). We also just  posted
a list from an English correspondent similar to WWOZ's--a lot of  duplication
but a few new names and some added comments. We're in the process of
switching to a new format for our bulletin board, so you may get either the new  or
old board. The same info is on both boards, so you won't miss anything if the
conversion to the new board is completed by the time you log on. The best way
to  access it is by going the our home page at _www.mississippirag.com_
(http://www.mississippirag.com)  and clicking on  "Bulletin board." It's a relief to
know that so many of our musical friends have  found safe haven, but my heart
aches for them over the loss of their homes and  home base livelihood.

Leslie Johnson
_editor at mississippirag.com_ (mailto:editor at mississippirag.com)   OR
_lesliemrag at aol.com_ (mailto:lesliemrag at aol.com)