[Dixielandjazz] Not quite Haiku

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 6 15:48:58 PDT 2005

Maybe Bob Romans can put this into Jazz Haiku form. ;-) VBG

Cheers,
Steve

A patient goes to  the doctor and complains that he has not been able to
evacuate his bowels for  over a month. The astonished doctor gives him some
very strong laxative  telling him to come back the next day.

The following day the patient returns saying that he took the medicine, but
was still not been able to relieve himself. The doctor is amazed and takes
him to the surgery toilet, where he gives him an injection of a very
powerful laxative guaranteed to have an immediate effect.

However, after half an hour of much straining on the toilet, the treatment
fails to produce any result.

Doctor:  "This is unbelievable! Please come into my office, you obviously
have a  psychological problem. I shall have to ask you some questions:
firstly, what do you  do for a living?"

Patient: "I'm a Dixieland Jazz musician."

Doctor:  "Well, why didn't you say so in the first place!? (takes money out
of his  wallet) Here, go and get yourself something to eat!"