[Dixielandjazz] Question about the schedule for Wine Country..I made it!

Artwoo at aol.com Artwoo at aol.com
Mon Sep 5 16:51:28 PDT 2005

Thanks for those of you who send the web reference. WOW!!! It was indeed a
great festival. If it were possible to raise the dead with music, John  Gill's
Yerba Buena Stompers would have had Lu Watters and Turk  Murphy marching in
and begging to sit in!

Somebody should take a caste of Leon Oakley's chops and send it to college
brass departments for a prototype of an endurance embouchure. Don't send that
man to Alaska cause we need the icebergs to last as long as possible.

I felt a little sorry for Jon Eric-Kelso with his sweet Puje trying to  match
Leon's fire.

In truth, this festival was a delight for brass players...imagine Jeff
Hughes, Howard Miyata, Bob Schultz, Frank Davis, Tom Bartlett, Chuck Stewart,  Jon
Eric-Kelso, Glenn Calkins, Simon Stribling, Leon Oakley and the others whose
names I forgot.

Paul Mehling and his Le Hot were the perfect dessert after the meat  and
potatoes of the above brass masters. Paul played a letter perfect echo of  I'll
See you in My Dreams. The multi-instrumentalist Clint Baker was there too:  is
there any instrument he doesn't play?

Pieter Meijers and John Gill are great front men. Jeff Hughes could easily
sub for Ray Smith if Ray ever wants a vacation from his radio show. Jeff gave
us  tasty tidbits about those peppy period pops. (Sorry Ray!)

Don: I was the guy wearing a Cotati Accordion Festival t-shirt, doing  so to
remind everyone that OKOM is the bestest. Here is an old photo of me,
outnumbered by accordions._http://cotatifest.com/balich.html_
(http://cotatifest.com/balich.html)  P.S.  I play the trumpet.

Sincerely,
Art Wood