[Dixielandjazz] USA Gulf Coast Disaster

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 3 07:01:51 PDT 2005

"Bill Gunter" <jazzboard at hotmail.com> wrote (polite snip)

> I apologize in advance for posting this on our jazz mailing list. But this
> is an emotionally wrenching event for people in America and we're struggling
> to deal with it as best we can. The hatred and bitterness I feel coming from
> too many sources is NOT helpful.

AMEN Bill. Most of what we see coming from overseas is slanted, political
propaganda from folks who are ignorant of the proportions of this event. As
you say, the disaster area is the size of the UK.

So please folks, knock off the political BULLSHIT and don't believe
everything you read or see in a 10 second sound bite on your local TV. Could
we have done better, sure . . . but then that's true of EVERY situation that
occurs during one's life.

If you want help, put your actions where your mouths are.

Cheers,
Steve