[Dixielandjazz] Charlie Hooks

Artwoo at aol.com Artwoo at aol.com
Fri Sep 2 17:18:04 PDT 2005

I enjoyed Charlie's frequent contributions to this list. He had the  ability
to crystallize his ideas concisely and clearly.

Although I never heard him play, I bet that his clarinet playing was just  as
expressive as his messages to the group.

I will be playing for a church service this Sunday and will  silently
dedicate my efforts to Charlie and also the tragedy in New Orleans  and the gulf
area.

Hopefully some day I will get to sit in the band that Charlie has joined in
the great beyond.

Sincerely and with Condolences to his family,
Art Wood
trpt SF Bay Area