[Dixielandjazz] Technical help requested

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 31 09:06:49 PST 2005

Hi Don (and all),

You admonished:

>Never -- repeat, never put something in that is larger than would will
>carry it -- electric of not.
>You might find yourself with a blivet on your hands -- putting ten  pounds
>of you know what in a five pound bag.
>They put these little notices about miliAmps on for a reason. If it calls
>for a specific voltage, use nothng else.

I suppose there could be something to this advice. However, I've been
assured by others that the mA rating on such devices tells you that you need
at least that amount of amperage to run the thing. If you have more Amps
than you need it's not a problem, only if the device doesn't provide at
least the necessary amps.

On the other hand, since I respect your opinion quite highly I'll take that
into consideration when I wend my way over to the local electronic supply
house (possibly a Radio Shack) and see if they have an adapter with the
precise voltage and Amp ratings as that called for on my keyboard.

Keep the faith, Brother Don and, as always, slainte!

Brother Bill
jazzboard at hotmail.com