[Dixielandjazz] Trombones - which to choose?

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Wed Oct 26 15:29:22 PDT 2005

Don,

that Brad Gowans invention seems a bit like precursor to a trombone
that was produced for a few years in the 1970-1980s - the Holton TR395
Superbone. I have one and use it from time to time in various bands.
Very interesting, very fast in the right hands,  but a bit odd ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superbone
http://www.bscjb.com/chapman.htm
picture at
http://www.musiciansbuy.com/holton_tr395_mf_superbone_tr395.html