[Dixielandjazz] Harry Epp Bio

reidjazz.com todd at reidjazz.com
Tue Oct 25 07:49:18 PDT 2005

Harry,
You mentioned Kenkel's in Dayton, OH on a thread here...that's where
I first learned to play jazz 35 years ago!! The group then was:

Clarence Hall -  piano & some scratchy vocals
Pat Patterson -  clarinet
Red Ashley -  drums

They played Thurs.  - Sun. nites there for years...I first
encountered them there in 1970. I was 9 years at the time and they
started letting me "sit in" with them before I was 10!! Learned more
those 2 years than at any other time in my life, it seems. The whole
thing sort of fell apart when Clarence Hall died in 1972. Pat
Patterson died some years later...I *think* Red Ashley is still
around, but recent attempts to call him only end up with a
disconnected phone number.

Drop me a line when you get a chance...hope you survived Wilma OK.

Todd Reid
Jazz performer/educator

www.reidjazz.com
todd at reidjazz.com